Monday, February 04, 2008

Rock On!

Ok, ok. So I haven't posted in a while. I will make no excuses and just carry on as if it hasn't been six months since my last post...

This young Asian girl absolutely rocks out on some Kansas. Check this out:


Which reminds me of this scene from The Simpsons (it's in German but that doesn't matter)...


Since I'm kind of in a classic rock mood, I'll finish off with The Edgar Winter Group playing Frankenstein. The guitarist on the far right is none other than Rick Derringer (of Rock and Roll, Hoochie Koo fame). If you've never seen this played live then you'll never hear the song the same way again. Edgar Winter is quite amazing.


TechnoratiTechnorati: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

3 comments:

E said...

I think you mean Rick Derringer of the solo from Eat It fame. /rolls eyes/

Agreed that Edgar Winter is amazing.

I'd seen that Kansas girl a couple weeks back and humorously enough the Inna Gadda da Vida episode of The Simpsons was the first thing that crossed my mind.

In the Garden of Eden by I. Ron Butterfly.

Saradevil said...

I, for one, thought this was a beautiful juxtaposition of a varying musical madness.

Anonymous said...

agree. Derringer's dance moves are...amazing. for sure.

as for winter...i really cannot constructively comment on someone who plays the keyboard-guitar AND the sax on one tune. what's next? electric harp?