Friday, April 22, 2011

It's Life's Illusions I Recall


Then: Friday, April 3, 33 AD. The day the merciless yet failing Roman Empire crucified another subversive Jew. This particular young Jewish Rabbi from Nazareth (loved those guys) was tortured, mocked, humiliated, tormented some more and then horrifically murdered publicly in sight of his family, friends and countrymen. All at the demand of his own religious leaders as just punishment for his blasphemy against the One True God of the Chosen People.

Now: Friday, April 22, 2011 AD. Good Friday. 2,000 years later and humanity is still calling for the murder of innocents at the hands of their governments in the name of their gods. The gods of Religion, Finance, Pride, Power, and Ignorance.

"I've looked at life from both sides now
From win and lose and still somehow
It's life's illusions I recall
I really don't know life at all"


So, I sit at four in the morning on today's "Good Friday" after a sleepless night that I cannot blame on nothing but an undigested bit of beef, a blot of mustard, a crumb of cheese, though I did ingest some prior to my feeble attempt at slumber last eve. sexy nurse pinupI did catch a cat nap of dream reverie in which I fancied myself riding my trusty steel horse to see a Naughty Nurse (aren't dreams such entertaining fun?) but was shaken awake by the bright flash of lightning and explosion of thunder outside my window. So much for sweet dreams of Naughty Nurses and motorcycle madness tonight. So, I thought I would get up and plop a few lines of nonsensical text on BONEZ and exorcise whatever demon it was that was aching to get out at this moment.

Hey, I wonder what dreaming about riding my motorcycle means. I sure do it often enough so it must be significant ... at least to my Dream Me it must. Let's Google that together, shall we, and see what the intarwebz group mind offers ... ah, here it is:
Dream Moods Dictionary
Motorcycle
To see or ride a motorcycle in your dream, symbolizes your desire for freedom and need for adventure. You may be trying to escape from some situation or some other responsibility in your waking life. Alternatively, a motorcycle is symbolic of raw sexuality.

Now, isn't that interesting? I can tell you, Dear Bonez Reader, that that definition is spot on for me at so many levels I am embarrassed to reveal just how easy I am to decipher. I do indeed desire FREEDOM and escape from a certain intentionally unnamed situation. Unnamed because I have absolutely no desire to be dooced by my openness here with you. Further evidence that I do not live in a truly Free County after all. Don't worry ... when it is safe to do so I will let you know the whole bloody truth which most likely will also explain my random insanity the last few years. Okay, I am trying to tip-toe on the edge of doocedom so I will move on with my dream self analysis.

sexy babe on bobber"Alternatively, a motorcycle is symbolic of raw sexuality." If I weren't so dead tired I would be expending a lot of energy right now rolling on the floor laughing my saggy ass off. Just the term "raw sexuality" makes me giggle like a high school adolescent. I have about as much raw sexuality in my body as ... well, I can't even come up with a silly enough comical comparison right now. Just take my word for it, the motorcycles in my dreams do not represent the thought that I myself exude raw sexuality. Now, maybe they do represent my suppressed desires to BE chock-full of raw sexuality ... that thought may bear some contemplation ... later.

"Dreams and schemes and circus crowds
I've looked at life that way

But now old friends are acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day

I've looked at life from both sides now
From win and lose and still somehow
It's life's illusions I recall
I really don't know life at all"

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...