Sunday, November 29, 2009

Avatar: Behind the Scenes

Being a fan of Avatar: The Last Airbender, I have to say that I was initially just a little annoyed that James Cameron's completely unrelated Avatar is suddenly generating so much attention. I was a little underwhelmed by the initial trailer but this behind the scenes clip really impressed me and now I want to see it. Wow!


For those that are total confused by my statement above, Avatar: The Last Airbender is an animated show from Nickelodeon (2005-2008) that M. Night Shyamalan is currently developing into a series of three live-action feature films to premiere in the summer of 2010. Don't let the association with Nickelodeon fool you. The story arc and character development on this show is impressive and fans have their fingers crossed that Shyamalan will do the story justice on the big screen. Because of James Cameron's Avatar film (for which he developed a screenplay back in 1995), Shyamalan's film will be called The Last Airbender in the US and The Legend of Aang in Europe and the rest of the world.

No comments: