Friday, August 14, 2009

Strange Tales of Motorcycle Madness

First picture is my BFF (yeah, I really typed that), U.S. Army Captain William Payne’s sweet ride … even if it *is* a 2005 Harley Davidson Softail Delux. I can’t wait to see him clinging to those badass ape hangers.

William Payne Soft Tail HarleyThe next picture is of me sitting on a sexy Yamaha Silverado at a bike show about five or six years ago. Yeah, I really did buy that leather cap thinking I was going to be looking like one kewlio biker dude. Sue me but don’t call me late for the next bike rally, Dudes! The Silverado was a bit too big for my tastes (1200), but the V-Star is about right and looks a lot like it. However, I am still determined to join the Shadow Riders, if the right bike presents herself.

Tony O on SilveradoBesides … I’z gotz ta do it for Charlie …no, I will do it for ME and be true to myself. And no, I did not realize that I was in almost the exact same pose as Charles was in this picture of him from the early 80's. He built that 45 Panhead Harley himself from scavenged parts. I didn’t even have that picture or know of its existence when the one of me was taken. So, the fact I am wearing the hat I had just purchased and those sunglasses that makes our pictures even more similar is tad bit eerie. I never noticed it until I was writing this post. Wow, that is really weird ...

Charles Anderson Harley
Charles E. Anderson ~ Never Forgotten and Always Missed

6 comments:

GeologyJoe said...

the similarities are uncanny.

Tony said...

GeologyJoe ~ Yes,GeoJoe, it is quite "uncanny" and I must admit that it made me pause as I realized more and more the similarities between the two photos. Little did I know that a year after my photo Charles would be battling head and neck cancer that ultimately claimed his life June 22nd, 2005. It sort of gives me a warm feeling and I know that Charles would be encouraging me to get back on a bike and claim my Freedom of Spirit. Even in his declining health, he purchased a used Honda Shadow cruiser and rode it a couple of times. He said he always felt he had to do it just one more time ...

thinkinfyou said...

WOW! It is strange how mannerisms of ours and our siblings can be so similar.

Tony said...

thinkinfyou ~ I am not sure I've encountered this before with my siblings and I but that's probably because I've never had photographic evidence of it till now. It has me wondering if there are other things I do unconsciously that are similar to my other brother and sister.

Anonymous said...

These are great pictures. It's kind of funny, you know I never thought the two of you had anything in common. But these pics sure look like you had a lot in common. Funny you never really think about those kind of things at the time. It's only when we look back that we see the similarities. Nice looking Harley too.

Tony said...

Anonymous ~ You gotta get back into the groove of blogging iffn you wanna ride with this posse, Dude. Thanks for commenting even if you had to do it anonymously :) Yeah, Charles and I shared a lot more in common with our mannerisms and thinking than I had thought before his illness and transition. Strange that I wouldn't discover that until four years after his death. My eyes were blind to the commonalities between us and my mind was cluttered with the differences. That is a problem I am working to correct in many relationships now.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...