Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Beatles: Rock Band has Lots of Nads and Hair


I get hyped up about certain video games and can feel the jonesin' building and intensifying as little tidbits of information or propaganda is intentionally leaked along the way to the official release date. My most recent fanboy drool game fantasies was focused on Red Faction Guerrilla which I pre-ordered and got into my sweaty trembling hands yesterday afternoon. Yes, ultimate video gaming destruction, mayhem and killing goodness was enjoyed late into the night ... (sigh) ... by my son. Hey, gimme a break! I had to go to bed early so I could get up before dawn and get my tired arse to work so I could afford to buy him ... er ... me video games and Aerosmith/ZZ Top A to Z Tour concert tickets. Okay, okay, you're right, I sort of like the idea that he's old enough now to enjoy the same entertainment as I so I can use the excuse and guilt trip of getting him something with the foreknowledge that it is really something I wanted myself anyway. The complexities of Fatherhood and Father/Son inter-relationship theory and bonding boggles the mind and taxes the patience of lesser non-father men. It's how I roll, Baby, and I iz goede at it.

Ahem, yes ... well, we were here to discuss my newest Xbox 360 lust, Beatles: Rock Band, weren't we. Of course, Beatles: Rock Band is a whole different video game genre than Red Faction and it addresses another one of my fantasies outside of being a well-muscled heroic action figure of a man with a head full of hair ... that of frustrated skinny Rock Star ... with a head full of LONG hair. Oh come on! I know each and every one of you reading this Bonez post have similar fantasies but just don't have the nads to admit it in such a public forum. Weenies!
Now THIS man has some nads!

The official trailer (below, duh) for Beatles Rock Band will give you a feel for what the in-game experience will be like. Keep in mind that I have mastered the Medium level of Rock Band and am totally comfortable with the fact that I cannot even 10% a song using the orange button on Hard. c' est la vie que sera sera. The trailer gives you a look at the band through their various stylistic eras.


The game will include 45 songs on disc, ten of which have just been announced -- "I Saw Her Standing There," "I Want To Hold Your Hand," "I Feel Fine," "Taxman," "Day Tripper," Back In The USSR," "I Am The Walrus," "Octopus's Garden," "Here Comes The Sun," and "Get Back" -- with full downloadable albums being delivered later, starting with the entire Abbey Road album, and an Xbox Live exclusive on the song "All You Need Is Love."
Beatles: Rock Band is scheduled for release for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and Wii on September 9th.

Doesn't it just make you want to grab a guitar game controller and microphone and start belting out Lucy in the Sky?!? Woo Hoo, I am the walrus, goo goo g'joob!

No comments: