Monday, August 11, 2008

Neanderthal Chemist and Dark Knight Records

My buddy over at Xenophilia posted an article entitled Cheap way to ’split water’ could lead to abundant clean fuel. However, I couldn't tear myself away from the image of the horrendous beard on the scientist leading the research. This guy's beard is grotesque, to say the least. I mean, it is like something out of a frakkin' freak show that people should be putting down a buck to see. Some people look great in a beard (moi included) but other men (and most women) should steer clear of an attempt at achieving beard-ness. I thought that Xenophilia dude was playing a trick but no... I did my own research and found that the chemist Daniel Nocera is indeed a real person with a real beard that will scare the bejeebus out of ya'. So much for privacy. Dr. Nocera's personal contact information is all over the page and I am about to place a phone call to the man and let him know that he needs to trim that nasty thing and present a more respectable and professional image to the world. I mean, who's going to take his research seriously on how to use solar power to split water and generate hydrogen or whatever if he looks all neanderthal-ish?

Everyone is raving about "The Dark Knight" and how it is breaking all the box office records. Well, it may be as far as dollars generated but it is a long way from selling more tickets than the movies it is comparing itself to. Most people are not taking into consideration that those dollars being generated are highly inflated dollars and not a true representation of the number of tickets sold at the box office. Taking inflation into account, "The Dark Knight" would need to pull in about $900 million to match the number of tickets sold for "Titanic" and about $1.2 billion to equal "Star Wars." With that out of the way, I think that if Heath Ledger had not of died the current thrill on "The Dark Knight" would have already waned. The movie isn't bad and Ledger's performance is more than stellar. Unfortunately his brilliant performance could not make up for Christian Bale's laughable gravely voiced and stiff Batman caricature.

2 comments:

Lora_3 said...

And I was growing a beard to be more like you Tony.......but now you sway that chicks don't look goood with them. Hmmmmmmm

Be safe...

Bonez said...

Lora, actually I said, "Some people look great in a beard (moi included) but other men (and most women) should steer clear of an attempt at achieving beard-ness." Note, I said "most women"... for all I know you may look fantastic with a cute woman beard :) I ain't gonna lie... I've kissed a few mustachioed and bearded girls in my day. Granted, they did not possess freak show level of quality facial hair but they were hairier than the average peach fuzzed beauties I normally sucked face with.