Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Young Blind Man "Sees" Better than Most


Ben Underwood, 14, lost his eyes to cancer at the age of two but that hasn't stopped him from excelling at many things some sighted teenagers would struggle with. Ben is an inspiring figure for all of us who tend to get down and out and moan and groan about our lots in life. He didn't let the loss of his eyes stop him from being a very "normal" teenager and enjoying life to its fullest and we should admire his adaptive abilities and learn from his spirit. I know that I tend to be a "worry wart" and spend more time than I should on fears of the future that never come to be. It is something that I was trained to do at a very early age by my Mother and it is something that can be very hard to unlearn in adulthood. I will take this season of Thanksgiving to be thankful for all that I have in life... both the good and the bad. For they make up the total me and I must learn to adapt and grow with what life has given me. Thank you, Ben Underwood for your life and witness that we don't have to be slaves to our "handicaps" but can indeed be victorious over any adversity.
technorati tags

No comments: